You want to be slick and fake your number so it shows up as a different number when someone calls? We’ll that pretty easy.
This is called Caller ID Spoofing. It has been around for a while. Spoofing is the ability to disguise your caller id. We won’t get into the history of caller id spoofing or the technical jargon.
Did you want to try out some caller id spoofing for free? You can try a demo of it to see how you like it by CLICKING HERE.
We always like stuff that you can try before you buy.
If you are reading this and wondering why anyone would want to use caller id spoofing, here is a list of reasons why people want to change the number that displays on caller id so they can fake their phone number.
Courtesy of Wikipedia.
Here are some legitimate reasons why someone or a company would want to fake their caller id.
- Calls from a large company, especially with multiple branches, where sending the main number makes sense. For example, a hospital might have the primary number 555-1000, with perhaps 250 lines inside the main building, and another 100 at the clinic five miles away. While some of the phones will have “555-10XX” numbers, many won’t have any identifiable line. Having all calls “come from” 555-1000 lets the recipients know it’s a hospital call.
- A company with a toll-free telephone number may prefer the caller ID to display this number.
- A call center making calls on behalf of many clients may prefer the caller ID to display a different number for each client’s calls.
- Commercial answering-service bureaus which forward calls back out to a subscriber’s cell phone, when both parties would prefer the caller ID to display the original caller’s information.
- Most calling-card companies display the caller ID of the calling-card user to the called party.
- Business owners have been known to use caller ID spoofing to display their business number on the caller ID display when calling from outside the office (for example, on a mobile phone).
- Google Voice displays its users’ Google Voice number when they place calls through the service using their landline or cell phone.
- Gizmo5 (now defunct) sent the user’s Gizmo5 SIP number as outbound caller ID on all calls. Because Gizmo5 IDs were in the format 747NXXXXXX, it was possible to confuse calls made from Gizmo5 with calls made from area code 747.
- The New York Times sent the number 111-111-1111 for all calls made from its offices until 15 August 2011. The fake number was intended to prevent the extensions of its reporters appearing in call logs, and thus protect reporters from having to divulge calls made to anonymous sources. The Times abandoned this practice because of the proposed changes to the caller ID law, and because many companies were blocking calls from the well-known number.
- Wirelessly calling 911 involves, in one worst-case scenario, the immediate muster of available, expensive, universal translation and relay resources to determine from the caller’s spoken language, not known to the responding dispatcher, the address of the emergency. Caller ID spoofing the street address of a 911 call known to local GPS, by GPS to street address decoding software, running on the same IP connection as a wireless VoIP 911 call, could save these resources and improve service by delivering GPS-accurate location data to the dispatched responders at the time it is needed. (Only about ten hexadecimal digits are needed.)
If you ever wanted to make another number show up on someone’s phone, the technology is here and it has been available for years.
A lot of people has used THIS TECHNOLOGY to catch cheating boyfriends and girlfriends. They usually go about this by calling them with a different number.
You can also access someone’s voicemail by calling them with their OWN phone number. However it won’t work if the person has added a PIN number to access their voice mail.
This voicemail hack has been around for years. If want to get even sneakier, you could use a mobile spy app to read texts and other info on the phone.
If you want to make another number show up on a caller id, CHECK THIS OUT.
No need for software if you want to change your caller id to another number. There are apps for android and online services that will let you disguise your real number when placing a call.
Some of these services even let you disguise your voice and add background noises for a better effect.
Why would anyone want to use a spoofing software?
Well most uses are for prank or phoney phone calls. There are other bonified uses for spoofing your caller id. Most of these are business related.
You can try out a free demo and even hide your number just by trying this out!!!
Review: One of the most legit caller id spoofing websites is SpoofCard.com
For years SpoofCard has been the leader in the caller id spoofing industry.
SpoofCard was founded by Mier Coen. According SpoofCard’s corporate website:
TelTech is a telecom-focused technology company. We’re privately held and proudly bootstrapped. Headquartered just a short distance from New York City, in New Jersey, we foster a unique Silicon Valley like culture, where young entrepreneurs and engineers can flourish.
Meir handles TelTech’s business and operating strategy as well as oversees daily operations. He brings 8 years of telecom experience, product development, business development, strategic marketing, and operations.
SpoofCard’s customer service is second to none. We have seen their customer service in action via email, Twitter and even Facebook. They put out a great product at a great price!!
Below are some recent reviews of Spoofcard.
Our Website gives SpoofCard
Changing your caller id to another number is cheap. You can also do it as a demo at no cost. If you like the services, you can purchase them. To hide your caller id for free – Check This Out
Call anywhere and change your caller ID for free to start out. To begin enter your number, then the number of your friend you wish to call followed by the number you wish to display Once you are ready to place your call, press the Submit button. In a few seconds your phone will start to ring, answer it and it will then be connected to your friends number showing the Spoof Caller ID.
Along with Caller ID Spoofing, you can change your voice and record all the phone calls you make. Faking a phone number is easier than ever, so go ahead and start your Caller ID now!
Sign up, Change Caller ID this site offers the lowest prices, for faking your caller id.
FAKING YOUR CALLER ID?
What is a caller id faker?
When it comes to faking your caller id, the technology exits where you can to it at no cost or cheaply. When you fake your caller id, you are disguising it or making it look like another number is displaying on your callers caller id. This work with old home phones or smartphones.
You can always try a demo from most caller id spoofing websites. You should definitely try before you buy to see if you like it.
Spoofing Caller ID is the ability to cause a telephone or mobile network to display a different number on the receiver of the calls Caller ID display or smartphone that is not the real number. Spoofing is usually a term in which the call is done to cause harm. Most spoof calls are done as practical jokes so the caller can fake their caller id so they can disguise it. – Wikipedia
DISGUISING YOUR CALLER ID TO ANOTHER NUMBER?
In 2005 , there were a few websites that launched so customers could fake their caller id. These sites included PiPhone.com, CallNotes, SecretCalls, StayUnknown, SpoofTech, and SpoofCard.com. Spoofcard is still going strong and has the best services of all the caller id spoofing sites.
You can even try a free demo to spoof a call right now.
IS CALLER ID SPOOFING AGAINST THE LAW?
On June 13th 2007 the U.S. Government passed the “Truth in Caller ID Act” which makes it”
“unlawful for any person within the United States, in connection with any telecommunications service or VOIP service, to cause any caller identification service to transmit misleading or inaccurate caller identification information with the intent to defraud or cause harm.”
Basically changing your caller id is legal as long as you don’t do it to defraud or cause harm.
Here is a list of the current Caller Id Spoofing sites. With caller id spoofing you can change your caller id to another number or fake caller id. Some of these services even let you record the call or change your voice. Caller id spoofing is legal as long as you don’t use it to defraud. Faking caller id is used by doctors, investigators, bail bondsmen and some bill collectors.
Here is the list.
Feel free to comment below if you have any more sites to add to this list. Thanks.
- Caller id Spoofing Software (freecalleridspoofing.com)
- How To Stop Caller Id Spoofing (freecalleridspoofing.com)
- How To Fake A Caller Id (freecalleridspoofing.com)